January 15, 2019

My opinion on my activity in 2019

After the charm of the New Year holidays passed, I decided to post such a entry. I decided to write some thoughts about my future activities in 2019.

Since I live in Russia, my prospects are very bad. Get a job on the main specialization is possible only in Moscow. In my region, this is impossible - a follish financial system encourages only theft and corruption. But I don't say that it was wasted - the knowledge of physics (which is similar to musical theory and philosophy) in general, and electronics, electrical engineering in particular, is very useful.

As for making money on additional specialization: blog has no future - a specific topic has a very limited growth potential. I don't want to say that I will close the blog - I am interested in writing reviews, and also I see that it's interesting to people. But I see no reason for the repetition of the June 2018 attendance explosion.

This year, I would like to finally create my own musical project. Not because it's my whim, but because in my region it's impossible to apply such knowledge in another way. And also I have a large number of ideas of a liberal sense. I also have some drafts for instrumental parts that are similar to Thrash / Groove Metal. I could bring a lot of use in this area - readers have long noticed that I appreciate in music. However, for me it's impossible - from the equipment I only have a guitar in poor condition and a laptop in 2011, which barely support the DAW. But revenues of 220-240 USD (per month) don't even allow to take an extra day off. I don’t even dream of acquiring something after paying the bills. Yes, it can be done on samplers - I already discussed some of them on this blog. But a sound card, a microphone, a guitar for performances are all expenses. I don't get anything for blogging despite advertising and an open donations page (here).

I also tried to keep the channel on Yandex Zen platform. But the number of views is too small. I don't see other sources of income from such knowledge.

Future is sad, but I don't give up. And I hope my readers will support me.