December 30, 2018

My opinion about my influence

Recently I wrote that previous review was the last one this year. But it was not last entry. At the end of year there is a great temptation to sum up not only the year, but also the work as a whole. An occasional guest, who will come here from a indexer or my twitter, will surely ask himself the question: “what have you achieved”? For many artistic personalities, this is a sore subject, because art and related topics are irrational things.

As you may have noticed, this blog is run by an ordinary listener who is well-versed in music for ordinary listeners who are not well-versed in music. However, my influence has spread not only to ordinary listeners.

Specifically, there are a lot of views for this format: since June, the number of views has never been lower than 4000 per month. However, the responsiveness indicators are extremely low: if for a similar topic the CTR is above 0.5% - this is something supernatural, then you can forget about h-index. However, I quite often find traces of my thoughts on specific forums.

Now specifically about my influence. Here you can remember Rina Akegami. She had an album Mirai Chizu, where I pointed out the flaws: a bad idea for vocal parts in the first track, very predictable instrumental parts, strange drum patterns, ect. Review can be found here. Next single - One Chance - has already sounded much more interesting. And I also noted this.

You can also remember new band of drummers from Galmet. After my sharp entry about new MV, it became noticeable that they had changed something. Also, many Russian-language resources began to copy the name of this MV from my entry, rather than doing Hepburn transliteration.

You can also remember band Velatria. I very harshly criticized the first single, but at the same time I paid attention to presence of a great talent. And later they released an album, the publishers of which were very serious guys - Black-listed label. I didn't listen to new album, but the fact of cooperation with Black-listed is a serious indicator. I don't know, maybe I just guessed it, maybe someone from the staff saw it, but I was right.

I can continue write my thoughts on this for a long time - a lot has accumulated over the year. But that's enough.