March 16, 2018

Mary's Blood - Revenant (Preview)

Over time, any band ends with a wave of inspiration and project begins to produce boring sounds sets. Someone before, someone later, but it happens. But Mary's Blood is one of the few bands that has held a high level for many years. And recently they showed a small part of new work.



This is not an review, so I will be brief. I don't quite understand the concept - title has a hint of something supernatural, but in lirycs it's noticeable in only a few places (2, 8, 9 tracks). However, overall impression is very good. Of course, it's noticeable that the composer's target was to install a general constructions. That is, the listener receives maximum emotions. Usually this goes to the detriment of instrumental parts, but this is not the case.

Very strong voice. Earlier I did not like vocalist from this band, but in the last two years serious work on the mistakes is noticeable.

Guitar is something incredible. In detail, I'll tell you everything in review. Now I can only say that Saki is a true master.

Rhythm section is very diverse and constructions are pretty good. Of course, I will tell you in detail in review. But now I will note that drummer from this band is not in vain called a copy of Dave Lombardo.

This is not the whole album, but it's already noticeable that they are showing their great talent again. If the album will is as I suppose, rating will be 92-97 out of 100.